The GALA, “Gathering of Animated Lifelike Agents,” is an annual showcase of the latest animated lifelike agents created by university students, and academic and/or industrial research groups. This showcase takes place during the IVA conference. The goals of the GALA include:
- Providing a forum to present and illustrate the state-of-the-art in the technology of virtual agents and innovative applications;
- Disseminating research by establishing a GALA Gallery of virtual agents for study and re-use;
- Stimulating people to work on virtual agents by highlighting their applications and challenges.
An international jury will select entries for the GALA Gallery that will be established on the IVA 2022 website. During the IVA conference, a Jury Award and Audience Award will be nominated among the selected entries. The awards will be announced on this page on the last day of the conference.
We are pleased to announce the winner of this year’s GALA Showcase: A GPT Walks into a Bar by Alon Shoa. Watch the video below:
- Submission deadline: August 28th (23:59 UTC-12), 2022
- Notification: August 30th, 2022
- Final Video: September 2nd, 2022
- GALA Event: During IVA 2022
We invite submissions including a video showcase of projects involving animated lifelike virtual agents. The submissions may also include particular applications of the agents as well as tools and methods for their development. The submission is open to students, industry, and academic institutions. You are strongly encouraged to submit a GALA video even if you have already submitted a paper or poster with similar content. This video is an opportunity to present your work in an original fashion as we encourage creativity above all here.
The submission is a one-page PDF including author names, affiliations, a small description and main contribution of the video, details of the encoding, and a download link for the video. The videos should not be longer than 5 minutes.
To submit your pdf, please use the same submission system as the IVA conference and select the “GALA” track (the track will be made available closer to the submission due date):