The IVA 2022 organizing committee solicits proposals for full-day and half-day workshops to be held in conjunction with the main conference.
The purpose of workshops is to provide an opportunity for participants from academia, industry, government, and other related parties to present and discuss novel ideas on current and emerging topics relevant to intelligent virtual agents, their applications, and emergent technologies.
Workshops are scheduled for the first day of the conference, September 6, 2022.
Each workshop should be organized under a well-defined theme that focuses on emerging research areas, challenging problems, and applications. Organizers have free control over the format, style as well as building blocks of the workshop. Possible contents of a workshop include but are not limited to invited talks, regular papers/posters, panels, and other pragmatic alternatives.
We encourage organizers to avoid a mini-conference format by (i) encouraging the submission of position papers and extended abstracts, (ii) allowing plenty of time for discussions and debates, and (iii) organizing workshop panels.
Organizers of accepted workshops are expected to announce the workshop and disseminate their call for papers, maintain the workshop website, gather submissions, conduct the reviewing process and decide upon the final workshop program. They are also required to prepare an informal set of workshop proceedings to be distributed with the registration materials at the main conference, with a proceedings format template provided by IVA 2022. Workshop organizers may choose to form organizing or program committees to accomplish these tasks successfully.
Workshop proposals should be submitted via Easychair and should contain the following information:
- Organizers: The names, affiliations, and short bios of all the organizers, including the main contact organizer’s e-mail
- Topic: The title of the workshop and a maximum of four paragraphs that motivates the workshop, describe its topic, its target audience, and its relevance to IVA.
- Pre-Workshop Info:
- Tentative names of invited speakers, reviewers, and panelists (if a panel will be organized)
- For workshops previously held at IVA or other conferences, details on venue, attendance, and number of submissions/accepted papers from past editions
- For new workshops, a list of possible attendees/submissions and/or a justification of the expected attendees/submissions
- Workshop Info:
- The desired length of the workshop: full-day (~8 hours) or half-day (~4 hours)
- Tentative program sketch
- Tentative descriptions of all the workshop components (panels, discussion sessions, poster sessions, invited talks, etc.)
- Post-Workshop Info: The plan for the creation of a tangible outcome for this workshop.
- Workshop Proposals:
May 6th, 2022 (23:59 UTC-12)
The Easychair link for the submissions is the same as the one on the conference website:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iva22 (submissions closed)
If you have any questions regarding the workshops’ organization, please contact us: