The IVA 2022 organizing committee solicits proposals for full-day and half-day tutorials covering topics relevant to the design, application, and evaluation of Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVAs). Each tutorial should cover a single topic in depth. For example, tutorials may teach the technical background of a given subject, show what can be done, how this is done, and what kind of tools can be used to do it.
Tutorials are scheduled for the first day of the conference, September 6, 2022. Half-day tutorials are about three hours, plus a coffee break in the middle. Full-day tutorials are twice that long, plus two coffee breaks and a longer lunch break.
Workshop proposals should be submitted in PDF via Easychair and should contain the following information:
- Presenter(s) details: The names, affiliations, main contact emails and short bios of all the presenters.
- Tutorial info:
- The title of the tutorial and keywords
- The motivation and its relevance to IVA
- The desired length of the tutorial: full-day or half-day (either 3 hours plus breaks, or 6 hours plus breaks);
- The potential target audience for the tutorial (introductory, intermediate, advanced) and necessary background;
- A detailed outline of the tutorial;
- If a (similar) tutorial was previously held, indicate the location (i.e., which conference), date, and the number of attendees. Please provide information highlighting changes, improvements, and/or why the tutorial should be held again in this form.
- Tutorial Proposals: June 17th, 2022 (23:59 UTC-12)
- Notification of acceptance: June 27th
The Easychair link for the submissions is the same as the one on the conference website:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iva22 (Tutorial Proposals)
If you have any questions regarding the tutorials, please contact us: